A very smart person I know once told me that people are paid for their work in inverse proportion to its importance to society. If that’s the case then Camp Counselors are some of the most important people in the universe!
It’s a good thing that working at camp is the best job in the world because nobody gets rich doing it. If you are looking for money to finance your next big adventure then coming to Hawkeye is the wrong decision. If, on the other hand, Hawkeye is
your next big adventure then you’ve got the perfect approach.
What working at Hawkeye lacks in the 401k department it more than compensates for in fun, in experience, and in memories.
Let’s list the top 10 reason why working at camp is the best job in the world:
10. You can wear shorts and a t-shirt to work every day
9. You get paid to jump off the diving board and do a cannonball
8. Living in and being part of a community that truly loves and cares about you
7. A free bed or couch in another country and a personal tour guide
6. S’mores are finest fresh from the fire
5. You get to make the best friends of your life
4. Capture the flag should really be an Olympic Sport
3. You get to laugh everyday
2. The campers you work with think you’re cool before they even meet you
1. A chance to positively affect the lives of some amazing kids
Well, if you’re not sold by now then perhaps being a camp counselor is not for you. But, if you want to work outdoors in the sun, be in the woods away from the bustle of the rest of your life, and make a real difference for some awesome boys and girls, join our staff team and start doing something that really matters.
See you soon.